My wife and I use their shuttle service to ride the McKenzie River trail. They were friendly, efficient and helpful, with really helpful touches like a fridge with drinks for the end of the ride, a place to hang out and relax a bit and a free shower to use after a long day on the trail. I’d highly recommend it. Read more
BOM (Best of McKenzie) Shuttle
Shuttle Two Great Trails in One Day!
5 to 6 Hours on Trail
For Intermediate to Advanced Riders
Experience two of the McKenzie Valley’s most iconic, most beautiful, and most FUN trails in one day!
Start the day with close to 4 miles of flowy downhill singletrack on King Castle* trail, through lush, green, old-growth forests, then get shuttled to the top of the McKenzie River Trail for a challenging and technical 11-mile ride on one of the country’s most scenic trails! The MRT portion of the ride will take you along the stunning shoreline of Clear Lake, past the magnificent Sahalie and Koosah Falls, and down to the incredible Blue Pool! For the final 2.2 miles from Blue Pool to the Trailbridge parking lot, you’ll get to experience the newly-built Blue Pool Bypass, which avoids all of the hikers on this very popular section of trail. Finish your day by grabbing a post-ride beverage, shower, and bike wash at Horse Creek, or add another King Castle run if you’re up for it!
*King Castle is a very popular multi-use trail; please control your speed and yield to pedestrians and uphill traffic.
How It Works
- Meet at Horse Creek Lodge by 9 AM to load bikes and hop in our shuttle van
- Shuttle van drops riders at the top of King Castle
- Riders exit the trail, where the van awaits; load up on the van again
- Stop by Horse Creek Lodge, pick up rider vehicles, drivers follow van
- Drop rider vehicles at Trailbridge Parking Lot en route to the top of the MRT
- Drop riders at the top/start of the MRT, above Clear Lake
- Ride the MRT to Trailbridge where your car awaits**
- Stop by Horse Creek for a post ride beverage, or hop on another shuttle to King Castle!
**Riders also have the option of leaving vehicles at HCL and continuing past Trailbridge. There is a closure in place that will necessitate that riders detour to the road between Trailbridge and Frissell boat ramp.
$40 per person
We recommend making reservations at least one day in advance. If you’d like to book with less than 24-hour notice, please call us at +1 541-822-3243.
Horse Creek Lodge
All year, weather permitting
5 to 6 hours
Minimum of 2 people per shuttle (individuals or groups welcome)
Intermediate to advanced
- Shuttle to or from the McKenzie River Trail
- Bike wash and gear
- Beer and soft drinks from our sponsors
- Use of pump track
- Use of shower facilities (including towels and soap)
- Mountain bike (We do have mountain bike rentals available)
What to bring
All shuttle guests planning to go mountain biking must have a helmet.
*Please Note: We are currently requiring all guests to wear masks while aboard our vehicles.
Used their shuttle for the MRT, Gary was great! He gave lots of useful info on the drive up and the showers, chill outdoor lounge and beverages post ride back at the lodge were a wonderful way to end our ride. Definitely coming back! Read more
The shuttle driver Gary was very informative about the MRT. The shower at the end of the ride was most delightful, and complimentary drinks appreciated. […] This is the only shuttle company you need in the area! Read more